I am Professor of Applied Econometrics at the University of Basel in Switzerland. I am also a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR, London) and at CESifo (Munich), a member of the executive committee of the Urban Economics Association and the editorial boards of the Journal of Urban Economics and the Journal of Economic Geography.
My research focuses on tax competition, fiscal federalism and urban economics. My work is published in the Journal of Political Economy, Economic Journal, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Regional Science and Urban Economics, and Journal of Economic Geography.
→ My profile at the University of Basel
- 11. Januar, 2019: Beitrag "Der grosse NFA-Frieden" im BATZ-Blog.
- 9. Januar, 2019: Studie "Der Ressourcenausgleich im Zusammenspiel von Steuervorlage 17 und Anpassung des NFA: Simulationsrechnungen" im Auftrag der NFA-Geberkantone.
- November 21, 2018: presenting "The Elasticity of Taxable Wealth: Evidence from Switzerland" (with Marius Brülhart, Lausanne, Jon Gruber, MIT, and Matthias Krapf, Basel) at the Applied Economics and Econometrics Seminar at the University of Mannheim.
- November 2018: Publication of "Tax-induced mobility: Evidence from a foreigners' tax scheme in Switzerland" (Michaela Slotwinski) in the Journal of Public Economics, 167, 293-324.
- October 13, 2018: presenting "Ethnic Diversity and City Size" (with Vernon Henderson, Ulrich Eberle and Dominic Rohner) at the 13th Meeting of the Urban Economics Association at Columbia University in New York, NY.
I spent the academic year 2017/18 at